Cape to Cape Walk - 3 Day / 2 Night
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: Margaret River, WA
- Product code: C2C 3D
This 4 day / 3 night tour offers you selected sections of the Cape to Cape track - walking distances between 14.5 - 23.5 km a day.
Here is our most popular 4 day/3 night itinerary:
DAY 1 Perth - Cape Naturaliste - Yallingup (drive 290 kms - walk 14.5 km)
8:00 am We will pick you up in Perth or Fremantle and drive straight down to Yallingup where we will drop off the car & be driven to Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse. After signing our names on the Cape to Cape registration book we set off on the first stretch of the track. The coastal scenery is a spectacular backdrop for this fairly easy, 14.5 km walk just to get into the swing of it. We walk past the iconic Sugarloaf Rock and popular surfing spot Three Bears, taking in the coastline all the way to the southern end of Yallingup, overlooking the north end of Smith's Beach. We then drive to our accommodation for a warm shower and hearty meal.
DAY 2 Moses Rock to Ellenbrook (23.25 km)
8:00 am We will set off from another popular surfing spot, Moses Rock, to walk a short distance inland immersed in coastal heath and woodland, before returning to the coast to take in magnificent views north and south. We will have morning tea/lunch at the spectacular Wilyabrup cliffs and enjoy the rugged coastal scenery on our way towards Gracetown. On arrival at this iconic southwest surfing town you can enjoy a swim, if the weather permits. We then continue on towards Ellenbrook, the heritage homestead and home to early settlers Alfred & Ellen Bussell. It is also an important Noongar Wardandi site.
- return walk to Quininup Falls at start of hike - extra 3.5 km
- finish at Gracetown to make this a 16.25 km walk
DAY 3 Boodjidup Creek - Redgate - Contos - Boranup Forest (18 km)
8:00 am We will start our walk on top of the Leeuwin Naturaliste Ridge and make our way to Boodjidup Creek along a charming down hill section that leads to this secluded spot. Continue towards Boodjidup and Redgate beaches, and slowly walk along the beach onto Bob’s Hollow where we break for morning tea in the shade of the grotto wall. Spectacular views over Conto’s beach and so much floral diversity during the wildflower season. We then descend into Boranup Forest where we walk under the shade of the majestic Karri trees, as well as Marri, Peppermint and Jarrah. This day’s hike provides a range of terrains, including low coastal heath, granite outcrops, forest and beach sands.
option – start at Margaret River Rivermouth – add 4.5 km
DAY 4* Cosy Corner to Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse – Augusta (21.5)
8:00 am The last day of this Cape to Cape walk will start in Cosy Corner and with our legs strong from the previous days’ walking we will have no trouble completing the last 7 km of beach walking before climbing up to the spectacular Augusta Cliffs and winding our way through onto the last stretch of the track past Skippy Rock and finishing the Cape to Cape at the grand Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse.
We will head into Margaret River for an hour of exploring & shopping (optional), and get something to eat. Around 4:00 pm, we will make our way back to Perth where we will drop you off at your various locations.
* If it is too warm or if for any other reason we decide we want to do a
shorter walk, we will start at Hill View Road, Augusta and walk to the Leeuwin
Lighthouse from there – 9 – 10 km.
- Pick up and drop off from Perth/Fremantle /Perth airport
- 3 nights’ accommodation at a deluxe holiday home in the Margaret River region – twin share (own room upgrade available)
- 4 days guided tours with experienced guides – our guides are also photographers, environmentalists, writers and passionate about local flora, fauna & heritage. Our guides are remote wilderness & first aid trained and carry satellite phones.
- All meals and snacks – fresh, healthy, mostly vegetarian, catered meals emphasising local produce and regional eateries.
- Twice – daily transfers to and from walks